Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fairies in a Jar!

Hello Do-It-Yourselfers! 


I tried "Fairies in a Jar" this week. (If you're not sure what that is, Google to find a picture, very cute!) I used a Mason Jar, glow in the dark paint, and small paint brushes. (All purchased at Hobby Lobby) The glow-in-the-dark paint was difficult to find, and even the people working weren't sure if they carried it. I found it in the "Kids' Crafts" section of the store. I got a small pack of 6 colors for $2.99!


Paint the inside of the jar with TONS of tiny glow-in-the-dark polka-dots. The more dots you paint, the more "Fairies" you will have. It took me about 3 hours of off-and-on painting...I got bored easily with the tediousness of the dots.


The project was successful, when in the dark it turned out very cute and really does look like cute glowing fairies in a jar! However, I cannot figure out how to capture an effective picture of my jar in the dark! I recommend this project. It is very cute and I hope you'll take my word for it! 


*To "recharge" your glow-in-the-dark paint, set under a lamp while the lamp is on. It will make your "glow" more vibrant the next time the lights are out! 


*I read a few reviews on the different brands of glow paint, and read that the Crayola brand glow paint only glows for 4 hours before it dies off, unable to recharge. 


I hope you give this a try and let me know how it turns out! Thanks! 
Come back for more DIY projects! 

No comments:

Post a Comment