Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Glitter Stem Wine Glass


Glitter Wine Glass 









You will need:
-Mod Podge


-Paint brush or sponge brush


-Loose glitter (I used a white/silver glitter, but suggest a color for more of an impact) 


-Masking tape (Any other, more "sticky" tapes will leave residue on your glasses)


-Glitter finishing spray 


-Paper towels or newspaper


-Bowl for loose glitter






Step 1: 









-Tape off the sections of your cleaned wine glass that you DO NOT want glitter on. I chose to do the stems only, but you could design them however you would like.




Step 2:  
-Paint on your mod podge with your brush on the areas you want glitter. Try to make it as even a coat as possible, to avoid clumpy glitter. 
                                  


Step 3:
-Apply glitter to the mod podged areas. I poured glitter into my bowl and used my hands to sprinkle the glitter evenly over the stem. It was easier to work with that way. Let sit for about 20 minutes.












Step 4:
-Make sure all "un"-glittered areas are completely covered. I covered mine with a paper towel. 
-Go outside for this step! Spray your glitter covered areas with the glitter finishing spray. It smells pretty bad, so make sure your area is ventilated. 
-Follow the finishing spray's instructions for your next steps. The spray I used says to let it sit for 12-24 hours before use. 


**The finishing spray claims it solidifies the glitter so that it wont flake off. Still be gentle when washing, hand wash only. I will update you after I've used them and washed them for the first time! 


Thanks for hanging out with me and my first adventure! 
Come back and check out more DIY projects!



No comments:

Post a Comment